Environmental policy, legal conformity and compliance
The preservation of the environment is a subject very close to our hearts. This is why we have made it our goal to systematically drive forward the continual improvement of environmental protection at our company with our environmental management system in Neusäß and Hartha.
We comply with the relevant national and international laws and regulations. In addition, we have committed ourselves to comply with certain standards, guidelines and norms as part of our values.
- For the continual improvement of environmental protection, we regularly define measurable, workable environmental goals.
- Achieving these environmental goals is one of our leadership’s responsibilities. Personal role models and a cooperative leadership style help to make our employees more conscious of environmental issues.
- Each member of staff has a part to play in achieving our goals. They are all personally responsible and are expected to act according to the specifications in our management system.
- The integration of our contractual partners and suppliers to our management system is important for us. Our specialised companies and partners have a key role to ensure that we are legally compliant in all areas of the company. These include our external specialist for occupational safety, our fire protection officer, the company doctor, our architect, since 2018 our data protection officer, who is responsible for digitalisation, data security and data protection, as well as our partner in the area of legal register support, and finally also our auditors, sent by independent institutes such as TÜV or DQS, who review us within the scope of regular certifications in all company areas.
- The performance of our management system is evaluated regularly as part of internal and external audits, and serves to drive forward the process of continuous improvement.
- We cultivate an open dialogue with our customers, the authorities and the general public regarding all questions relating to environmental issues.
Neusäß, May 2023
signed Kristian Kläger
Vema GmbH & Co. KG